Re: Car Needs Name - LAC, Absolutely NO LBC

To: "kate & gary" <kgb@clipper.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Needs Name - LAC, Absolutely NO LBC
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:12:20 -0000
i belive a car needs to earn a name.  either from a certain look it reminds
you of or a way it acts at times or a person it may remind you of.   simply
naming a car is as hap-hazzard as naming a child the second it is born with
no fore thought.  give it some time ands ee how you begin to feel with it.
i have found out thatthere are some vehicles that defy being named.   my van
that has 303,000 miles on it now is still "the van".  and after 27 years my
bugeye is still "the healey".  but my 55 chevy is "ralfh the roach" (a name
bestowed upon it by some jelous peers back in high school 25 years ago.  btw
ralfh is intentionally spelled wrong) (hey it would turn a low 13 quarter at
atco drag strip street legal, wich was real good for back then and a few
were very jelous of that).    my 56 bel air hard top was "cindy roo"
because she was a 6 cylinder and when you floored her she made a neat sound
at wide open throttle at speed(and the cindy cane from the grinch's cindy
loo who).
as you see manes are lovingly (or at times with great hate) bestowed upon
vehicles.  i had a green 57 chevy wagon years ago and named it after the
ugliest girl i knew atthe time"charlotte".

so give the new car a chance, it will give you an indication of sex and
attitude.

chuck.