Re: Fwd: Selling the Sprite...

To: Lukinpanub@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Selling the Sprite...
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:59:17 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree,  have had my 71 B for 15 years.  My dad bought me the car when I was 7
for $400, we freshened the car up and had the engine rebuilt.  As I grew up I
fixed things on it when I could, and finished it just before my 16th birthday.
83 miles later the engine blew and I rebuilt my first engine, a few months
later the lugs were loosened and I crashed it.  I spent the next four months,
working seven days a week after school/work fixing the body damage.

There would be absolutely no question who took precedence the car or the gf,
except that my gf drives a bugeye so I can't imagine that she will ever
complain about my B.   Needless to say you just can't sell a car that you have
that kind of history with.  Very few people have the opportunity to hang onto
their first car, so don't throw that away.  Especially if you are planning to
replace it once you get moved.
--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 10:28:35PM -0500, Lukinpanub@aol.com profoundly
declared: