Re: Computer help...PLEASE!

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Computer help...PLEASE!
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 22:41:30 -0500
Netscape made a change to its file locations about v 4.05 (I think).
Whenever it was that they added the User Manager. And not all of the older
files were deleted by the installer. Do a find on Bookmark* and see what
shows up.

Larry

On 3/1/01 7:00 PM, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
wrote:

> If you have older versions of Netscape installed that were NOT installed in
> the same location as your latest version, you may be able to recover some.
> Depends on where the bookmark file is stored on you PC. If it's in a
> universal preference location then this won't work. If it's stored in the
> same folder as where the Netscape application is located, and you have two
> different versions, you might have some luck.
>
> Gerard
>

> At 12:45 AM -0800 3/1/01, WFO Herb wrote:
>> Help.  While filing new bookmarks, I hit the "delete" key a number of
>> times; thinking my finger was on "End".  ALL my bookmarks were deleted!
>>
>> Is there a way to get them back?  Talk about feeling stupid.  We're
>> talking years of savings sites here.
>>
>> I use Netscape.  HELP!!!
>>
>> Herb
>

> --
> Please visit Four Points Travel -
> Discount Online International Travel Reservations
> http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints
> To make a reservation please call Toll Free 1-800-272-3253
>

> G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
> E A
> R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>  A A