Re: Ignition Wire and Paint Chips

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wire and Paint Chips
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 22:58:15 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike Maclean wrote:

>      Anyone know where to get copper stranded spark plug wire?  All I
> can find around here is steel stranded 7mm wire.  I think 8mm fits
> better in the Lucas side distributor cap.
>      Also, what's the best way to touch up a paint chip about the size
> of the tip of yoour little finger.  One my kids dropped a hammer on the
> edge of the drivers sill and took out a chunk of paint.  I have some of
> the same paint the car was recently painted with and some matching
> hardener.  Can I just blob it on and sand it down?
> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

Mike

Peter C has some original Bumble bee ignition wire. I believe it is
copper core.
Also 8mm wires do not fit side entry caps unless you shave the wires
down to 7mm. Or lots of force. (BTDT)

Paint chip... Mix up a small amount of paint and hardener.
dab it on the chip with a small brush or Q tip. give it 3 or 4 coats and
build it up higher then the existing paint.
Wet sand the spot WITH A SANDING BLOCK, resist the urge to use sandpaper
and your hand, use a block. I would say start with 600 grit then hit it
with 1200 or 1500 then buff with a bit of compound.
I do it all the time and only you will know it was touched up.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ