Re: Ignition Wire and Paint Chips

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Wire and Paint Chips
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:07:17 -0800
Ouch... at least it's in the sill and not in the middle of your hood!

You'll probably get a lot of suggestions on this, but my method is to use a
small sable hair watercolor brush to fill in the area in a few layers so I
can control the thickness and to make sure to flow the paint to the edges.
Sand carefully with some 320 and work your way to something finer
(600-1200). Use some polishing compound and some good wax to get the shine
back. If you have waxed the car before, use a degreaser to remover the wax
around the area first.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -