Re: LBC trailer

To: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC trailer
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:27:10 -0000
my open trailer was home built in 1969 out of structural steel and dual
mobile home axles that were cut down(to make a narrower track).  my trailer
is registered as 3000 gross but the darn thing weighs almost that much
empty!   butit tracks true at highway speeds and has no bad handling traits.
it is perfect for lbc sized cars but i can squeeze full size stuff on it(it
just hangs over the rear of the trailer) with the rear tires just about a
foot forward of the rear of thetrailer.  it works for me!  i borrowed and
rented trailers for a bit and finally came to the realization i had almost
paid for a used trailer in the total "trailer" expenses.  this onereared
it's ugly head and for 350.00 i could not say no!  it needed tires(dry
rotted) and had damaged fenders and was in serious need of paint(rustoleum
bright silver fixed that...a-la-brush!).  but after some welding and paint
work it is a very reliable piece of equiptment.   some times i gripe about
having to cut grass around it but i have never once regretted deciding to
buy it.   and after all the years of hauling other peoples cars all
over......i think it has actually paid off itself and made some income too!
shop around.  there used trailers out there that are not very expensive from
time to time.  just be prepared to do some fixing up!  trailers seem to get
neglected and easily forgotten by their "last" owners......

chuck.
hey! it works for me!  i've had it now since 1985!  and it goes anywhere, as
evidenced by a year ago's trip to magna utah to retrieve my 1960 saab racer,
then we headed to tuscon az via the grand canyon and then back home to
pennsylvania.   a good trailer is a thing to treasure and take good care
of!!!  ( a trailer is sorta like a puppy....take good care of it and it will
follow you evrywhere!  lol)..c :)