Re: Brake servo

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake servo
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:53:34 -0500
Thanks for the replies.  My uneducated guess would have been for hard ( fear
and loathing :) ) driving where a heel and toe style of driving could be
used without having to stamp on the pedal.

My also uneducated theory would be that any weakness in the system would be
detected early. :(

What does a servo do?  Increase the hydraulic pressure in the system using
mechanical advantage or vacuum or what?  Looking at the description in VB's
catalogue, it does connect to the 'inlet manifold'.  It also states that it
is for single line brake systems.  I would want to convert the car at some
point to dual line, for maximum safety.  Eventually the car would be for the
kids' use.  That's the plan, anyway.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette