Re: britfest 2001

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: britfest 2001
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:24:32 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Charles,

Saturday, May 05, 2001, 1:08:20 PM, you wrote:

CC> ok i'm back home from my big excursion of faith!  first off, for a trip of
CC> an hour and a half one way the car did exactly what it did over 20 years
CC> ago.  ran hot in traffic and when pulling hills, but did great at highway
CC> speeds .  i was stuffed like an extra large sardine in my personal sardine
CC> can...lol!  it was great to see evryone from the list and even greater to be
CC> able to show evryone that i really do own a car.  frank and i raided a
CC> fellow's stand in the flea market for a bunch of cut rate rubber goods!  it
CC> was fun going "grocery shopping" with frank!   there was a bunch of spridget
CC> parts there .........and from what i saw.......a majority of them went home
CC> with list members.

I checked out the parts did not find anything that I really needed. There
were many things I could have used, I guess, but my sane side said to
pass.  I was looking for a passenger side front wing, but all I could
find was the drivers side so the quest continues.  No hurry the way I
move on things.

I saw chuck on my way in bent over a box of rubber bits.  I cruised
the cars, looked for some people then went back outside to the vendor
area.  A good amount of time had passed the there was Chuck still
in the same spot, still bending over the the same box.  For a second I
thought he hurt his back and could not move since he was their so
long.

CC> i had a good time and even had a few "thumbs up" from other motorists on the
CC> way home!    and a few kids in a town i passed through yelled "hey cool
CC> car"!  this was just icing on an already yummy cake of a day!

Chuck does have one nice Bugeye looking low and mean.

Chuck forgot to tell everyone how he was asked to leave the park.
No joke.  Chuck had started his Bugeye and was warming up the
engine.  The car was running on Cam2 with a straight pipe.  He was
blipping the throttle and the people started to crowd around the
Chuck's Bugeye.   After a couple of minutes this woman comes over and
asks Chuck, "Are you leaving soon?"  I figure she wants a picture of
the worlds largest Sprite driver.  Chuck answers, "Yes."  This woman
then responds, "That's good, we don't have a PA in the award area and
nobody can hear!"  With that Chuck idled out of the fairgrounds.  But
we all hear him screaming down the road on his way out; once again
drowning out the awards ceremony.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net