Re: britfest 2001

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: britfest 2001
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 07:31:49 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Congrats on the 3rd Frank. Also congrats to chuck for getting there - very
cool car, nice to see it on the road, after seeing it in the "world's
largest parts box" Wish I had stayed to see chuck being asked to leave. ;-)

I made out alright. I got a starter (thanks Frank), a drivers seat for $5
(now I can continue to drive and send the seats off for recovering) and a
twin SU manifold with parts of 2 carbs for $25. That I believe was the steal
of the day.

Met some old buds, met some new faces to put with lister names. Missed the
Connecticut Vanishing Boy tho.

Good thing that was in the driveway Frank. I pushed my 76 a few times 'cuz
the gauge still read 1/4. Somehow it is a whoppin lot more fun to drive
these cars than to push 'em.

Nice day, lots of cars, lots of people, very little rain. Although lots of
folks left when it began to drizzle.

Stopped at Moss on the way home to pick up new front wheel bearings, get to
do that job today.

Larry

On 5/5/01 9:50 PM, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:

> Lots of listers were there today.
> Biff didn't make it, neither did George so with the steep competition
> not showing up, that left the 3rd place trophy for me. Nick won 1st with
> his Bugeye.
> Larry and Mike had there 1500s, Chuck and I with Bugeyes, Bill was there
> but without his Midget, Paul drove down from NH just for the meet.
> And some mysterious person from Connecticut left some pedal pads in my
> Bugeye.
> Jay!! where did you go? I missed you. Chuck saw you but we couldn't find
> you.
>
> Parts were traded, given (thanks Paul) and bought.
> Some deals I found included a full set of Bugeye carbs, with air
> cleaners and intake for $5. Just missing 1 brass dashpot cap.
> I think Larry did OK too with his carb set up.
> And Chuck and I raided the NOS rubber boxes. We did good!
> No car troubles except I ran out of gas in my driveway. My gauge still
> says 1/4. I guess it's time to check it out.
> Great day, great friends, great time.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.