Re: britfest 2001

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: britfest 2001
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 07:54:11 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sheesh, totally forgot. This was the first long drive for my new engine.
After push starting it in the morning (and at the show) It ran flawlessly.
About 65 lbs of oil pressure at speed, 25-30 at HOT idle. Temp very steady
at 190, except when stopped, then it climbs a bit.

I don't really think you can call it "neck-snapping" acceleration, but the
difference from the old engine is amazing. Goes up hills with out slowing
and just seems to hum along at 65-70.

Found out something interesting that my old engine didn't do. When you let
off the gas - the car slows down quickly. Is is supposed to do that?? Is
that what they call "engine braking"??

Larry (with the biggest Sh!^ eating grin)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.