Re: NON LBC - Sweet Dreams

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NON LBC - Sweet Dreams
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:36:48 -0400
Don't believe I'd have ever classified "Chantilly Lace" as music. More
like talking blues/novelty. Certainly not music at all. Now I do believe
that "Rave On" could be classified as music. Never was too sure about
La Bamba though.

In any case, I think the term "The day the music died" has more to do
with hyperbole than with accuracy. But the point is, I guess, that
that was near to the end of the old style Rock and Roll Music, and
that what came later was something different, something else.

We be Profound?

chuckC