Re: E-bay bidding experience

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: E-bay bidding experience
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:44:50 -0500
Cc: Mark Perry <markdp@pacbell.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> I recently lost a bid on an item even though my hogh bod was the same as
> the winner's... he bid the same amount 5 seconds before I did, so he won.
> "Missed it by that much"

There is another tactic, bid an odd amount. If  you bid something like, say $30,
and the bidder has his proxy already set at $30, he has precedence since he
placed the bid first.
BUT!! What if you were to bid, $30.29, then, you can push his bid out and beat
him by .29!! Now that hurts, ouch!! I have won bids by as little as a nickel in
some auctions. You know the loser has gotta be pissed!!
I would ask that none of you bid on auctions that I am interested in since I
have
now told all of my trade secrets.
BUT, you'll never know I am interested until the auction ends. The early bidders
only help to raise the price by generating interest right away. Chill out and
bid
at the last seconds. Perhaps we can recruit Allan or Larry, or some other lister
that spend the entire day surfing the net, to bid on auctions that close while
we
are at work <BG>