Re: E-bay bidding experience

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: E-bay bidding experience
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:18:22 -0400
Cc: markdp@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> Right.  Under the rules of ebay, that is the only way to compete for many
> items. I like the idea of extending 10 minutes past the last bid.  That is
> sort of like having to win by two in Tennis.  It is also the way a REAL live
> auction is conducted.  The gavel doesn't fall till all have a chance to make
> a last bid.  Fair to all.

  I am not sure why Ebay doesn't do this, but it's not like
it hasn't been suggested to them about a million times.

  I sell more than I buy on ebay lately, and as a "seller"
it sounds like a good thing too. A lot of people are outbid
at the last minute, but if they had a few more minutes to
think about it, they might bid again.

  ...which means higher winning bids for sellers.

  I am not sure what ebay has against this, but it
might just be complacency.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca