Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: "Tracey Converse" <converse@centurytel.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:26:23 -0000
first off the fins on the heat exchanger's  front side have a lot to do with
proper air flow through the heat exchanger.   you might do well to sit one
night with a fin comb or some very fine (like modeling tools) needle nose
pliers and straighten the fins enough to allow air to properly pass thriugh
the core's fins.
next.  the rise in temperature after shut down is normal.  the engine has
heat stredd up that after the cooling system stops circulating  it can not
rid itself of.  that is where you will experience the rise in temperature
after shut down.   if you improve the heat exchanger's ability to dissipate
heat you may be able to reduce operating temperature wich would affect the
heat soak spike you experience after shut down.
you failed to mention the thermostat's opening temperature.   i'd reccomend
a 160 degree in high heat climates for a quicker opening temperature.

chuck.
and remember..a black radiator is far superior in it's ability to exchange
heat to any other color...or polished.  and try using the sticky stuff from
the radiator shop!  some...read that most paints act like an insulator
....not condusive to dissapation of heat.!!   hey!  i'm not a thermal
physist....but i did sleep at a holiday inn express last night!