Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:24:03 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
  From: DLancer7676@cs.com
  To: converse@centurytel.net
  Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 5:19 PM

  In a message dated 8/20/2001 5:05:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
  converse@centurytel.net writes:

    The temperature does fine now going down the road but skyrockets quickly
when
    the motor is turned off. Even idling doesn't seem to cause the rise in
    heat...but once the motor is shut off the temp goes from normal to over
225
    degrees.

  I am not sure that is a problem Tracey.  Remember--the water stops
  circulating when you turn off the engine, thus it stops cooling.  It seems
  like to me it would heat up sitting staionary against the block and head.
Be
  interesting to see what others have to say about this.   The thing is, does
  it cool right back down when you start it?  If so, then your water pump is
  pumping and water is circulating and cooling.

  --David C.