Re: clutch bleeding

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch bleeding
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:05:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/01 7:49:36 AM, Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com writes:

<< I know this has been discussed a bunch in the past but how do I get all
the air
out?
I filled the m/c opened the bleeder on the slave and kept adding fluid
After I started getting fluid out of the bleeder, I closed it
Had my helper/daughter press and hold pedal while I opened/closed the bleeder
did this many many many times.
fluid ran clear, pedal is still spongy and clutch fork moves no more than 1/4
inch

What am I doing wrong?

I 'm ready to remove the slave and tie it up a couple of feet above the m/c to
bleed it
Is this the only way? >>

Tommy:

Nothing  wrong with the procedure from the sound of it.  Removing the slave
and tying it up ought to work too.  What fluid are you using? (synthetics are
 hard to clear, and mixing won't work at all)?  Could the fluid be leaking
around the seal in the  m/c?    Have the m/c and slave been rebuilt and the
lines changed?  Annice likes to use our new Mighty Mite for clearing lines.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)