Re: Air compressor - What to look for

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, samesq@postoffice.pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air compressor - What to look for
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:13:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/01 9:39:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

> I bought a Craftsman 5 hp with a 25 gal tank.  It is very adequate for my
> home shop needs, but it is a bit noisy when it is running.  Got a good sale
> price on it at Sears.  Whatever you get, "don't settle for less than a 25

- - - - - - - - - - - -

That's what I have.  For taking the wheels off, running an air rachet, some
drilling and grinding, inflating tires and beachballs, it works fine.  The
oiless (sp?) compressor is loud, so you might want to build a box around it
and line it with insulation or acoustical ceiling tiles.

If you are really going first class, and you want to do body work, bead
blasting, and painting, you will need more.  But for a weekend warrior
hobbyist, it is fine.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget