RE: project to daily driver

To: "Ryan Irwin" <SixtyOneMG@hotmail.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: project to daily driver
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 05:44:36 -0700 m>
To make the transition from project to daily driver while getting to work
will be difficult. You are going to need a testing phase to get the Midget
reliable and daily driver able. If I were in your shoes I would get a back
up vehicle. Sell the Nissan, pocket $3500 buy a back up vehicle and use the
remaining to get the Midget road worthy and work dependable and if you wish,
continue with a rolling restoration. Any Sub $1000 car will do, cheap import
is fine and wont give you a head ache if you don't keep it for too long.
Allot of these have hit bottom price wise. You wouldn't be want to be seen
dead in one, so you have to park far off and walk to work :P. Our family
back up vehicle is a POS 87 Ford Festiva. Blue book value of $550 but it
wont die. I have tried to kill it numerous times... it just wont die. I even
took it off roading and all the damage I could do to it was bend a wheel and
break the bead on the tire. It gets 35 mpg, will peg the speedo at 85 mph (I
think its capable of 90-95)  and has AC. It's my back up, back up car, when
my Cruiser used to get fussy or when I am doing major work to it (disk brake
conversion lasted a month).

If work isn't much of a commute maybe a sub $500 motorcycle? If you know how
to ride of course.

My new job is only .5 mile away, so I can just take my bicycle to work.

Good luck.

Toby