Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:36:21 +1000
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Guy,

I use synthetics in all my a-series engines except the old clunker motors. I
have
been doing so since 1994 and my engines don't smoke. When cold, 5W40 is
very thin and may well seep down the valve guides etc. Did it continue to smoke
when the engine was up to operating temp?

I'd suggest that there is a pre-existing problem that the synthetic may have
shown up
more. I very much doubt it is the oil's fault!

Mike