Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, mikeg@vicnet.net.au, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:05:51 +0000 FILETIME=[2059DBA0:01C13D37]
David,
        I'd get a new intake/exhaust gasket and use a product called Hylomar
around
both sides of the intake ports on the gasket using a small even coating.
Hylomar is available at the usuall auto parts stores.  Also allows the
gasket to be removed at a later time with out tearing.  Using two gaskets
would only help if the manifold is warped.  After removing it, put a
straight edge across the face to see just how even it is.  If way off, take
it to a auto machine shop and have them true it.

Bob