Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [back onto LBCs] An amazing A-series engine story
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:07:34 -0500
At 05:05 AM 9/14/2001, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

>I   I don't believe the vacuum advance is at play at idle, so I suspect an
>intake
>manifold leak, confirmed when I turned a hose of water on the idling manifold
>and it almost stumbled to dead.
===
Finally!!!
         David, use a pin-point approach and try spraying carb cleaner,
brake cleaner, WD40, whatever... doesn't matter, using the little
applicator tubes that fit into the spray nozzle. Some sprays are flammable
which will speed up the idle, others aren't, which will cause a stumble.
         btw, I'm not a big fan of spraying cold water on a hot cast iron
manifold.

Peter C