Temp gauges

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp gauges
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:52:19 -0500 FILETIME=[97A095C0:01C13FEC]
Ok, now if i am to understand correctly...  The 1098 and 1275 have the housing
on the block.  The 948 does not.  The vertical flow rad has it, the cross flow
does not.

Assuming all this is correct, i seem to recall that my "948" had the housing
on the block.  I can't run out and check because the car is in Indiana and I
am not.  But does this mean I may not have what i thought to be a 948?  The
man I bought the car from knew very little about it, and aside from his back
yard, had never driven it.  Any other way to tell the difference between a 948
and a 1098?  And why did my "948"  exhaust fit?  Does a 948 exhaust manifold
fit on a 1098 block?

Confused to the utmost,
-Ryan Irwin
'61 Midget