RE: Paint and Chrome

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f8IMDDP13922
Subject: RE: Paint and Chrome
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:10:46 -0700
Had a friend years ago that used to take his cars to the local Miracle
Auto Painting shop. Took the car down prepped, masked and ready to
shoot, even took his own paint materials. Essentially used them as a
"hired gun". His reasoning was that they shoot cars all day and they
know how to lay down paint. It usually only cost him a six pack. Got
some pretty good paint jobs too.

I can vouch for the lack of prep work at these "scuff-n-squirt" shops. I
worked at that same Miracle shop once "detailing" the cars after
painting. If it didn't get taped it got painted, heavy. I left after
they said I was spending too much time taking all that extra paint off.

Herby
64 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY (under construction/de-construction)
62 MK II Sprite - HRBYTOY2? (My new driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com