Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:19:29 -0500
Cc: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Just a couple of suggestions...some you may have already dealt with...

A new rad cap is a cheap investment.

50x50 antifreeze/water is better.

Done a leak down test yet? Not a compression check, but a leak down test.
Despite your lower CR, you still could have a blown head gasket.

Oil cooler would be a must.

I'd also look at running Redline oil.

WST