RE: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: "'Geoff Branch'" <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: RE: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:29:52 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
theres a certian amount of time the water must remain in contact with the metal
to pull the heat from it, and the same goes for dissipating it through the
radiator. you want to have both, within certian limits,, the big pully theory
will only work for cars that are kept in high rev situations for extended
amounts of time..as in racing..and we are talking 6-8+k rpm...not 5-...if you
suspect cavitation, a water wetter might help a bit, but you may need a swirl
tank, and are we talking a 130+bhp car?.

R(wnik)Kansa/RCCSA
100+hp 1275 cool sprite