Re: Rear brake springs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear brake springs
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:45:43 -0700
Steve,

The spring with the "tail" goes in the hole just below the large adjuster
hole. This will be on your left (trailing shoe) side as you face the hub.
The leading shoe should be inverted, not mirrored and the spring will go in
the hole below the adjuster slot. The spring is handed and offset to clear
the hub so compare the two springs and make sure the offset is away from
the hub. I assemble them by installing the top spring on both shoes and
slipping the shoes as a pair over the hub and under the the wheel cylinder.
I then slip the botton spring _behind_ the bottom of the shoes and pop each
shoe over the adjusters. Make sure you have the adjuster backed off and
that the wedges haven't fallen out. I also clean and lubricate the wedges
and adjuster screw before reassembling.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -