RE: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: "'Gerard Chateauvieux'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: RE: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:46:31 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
yeah..and allot of suggestions too..
lets be real here..
its-a-like-a-this..stock parts are made to handle stock situations..
yeah the 5 ringers are gonna give off a little more heat..but really now how
much compaired to the real problem..
more HP = more Heat
he needs cooling capacity, and thats all there is to it..
first of all our engines really are kinda small, and theres not much interior
suface to these things to begin with.
add a bunch of heat to a small surface area, your gonna havta add ALLOT more
cooling. he's gonna havta get a bigger radiator..something more efficient with
more capacity and more area.  either find something thats gonna fit...(and
after a 2 year search theres only 1 radiator out of a scirroccco that will
possibly fit, and thats NOT the "hot rod shop" long one. but even my scirrocco
rad wont handle more than 120hp i bet..i would have to go larger yet.
 OR.... get one cu$tom made..whomph..or just give in to the fact your gonna
have to do some cutting and fitting..and have a semi custom one by a company
like Griffin, or a larger one from somewhere else..

the old stock radiators are only gonna handle about 100 hp without saying
goodbye..they are only sized for how many original hp?...yeah...kinda small
isnt it..
and the pump is probably on the edge too..its only so big and can only push so
much water..no matter WHAT size pulley

then the chassis is gonna have to breath...look at it this way..if i was a air
molecule what would i want to do?
i need ducted tightly into the radiator.  and then what...bounce around in
turbulence forever?..no i need a way out..sorry...your gonna have to relieve
something to let the air OUT effeciently..i put some neato vents in the front
fender/bodywork to let air out...in a low pressure area of the body, heck you
can warm your hands at the airflow out of those vents when the electric PULL
(not push) fan kicks in...
besides, that Judson takes up real estate that airflow wouldve used to escape..
nothing is free...
HP costs...in many ways..
air in air out..

R(WNIK)Kansa/RCCSA