Re: Stupid human tricks

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid human tricks
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:52:18 EST
In a message dated 11/2/01 10:42:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

> Not that any of that will help on an
> official level. And, I guess I just need to take a deep breath and
> ask myself what's it worth to me to deal with this person on any
> level.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Let's just say you get gratification from letting the air out of their
tires...and someone sees you and reports it to the police.  Now you are in
deep doo-doo (technical term).  Would it be worth it?  Confront the person
with the facts that you have.  Maybe even tell them you have a friend who saw
the deed (even if that is a half truth).  Ask the person to make good for
your parts.  If it is reasonable, maybe they will just pay you and you can
both forget it.  Besides, it might be a cute blonde and this could open a
whole new level of negotiation!  ;-)

It doesn't sound like you have a legal foot to stand on.  Try niceness and
you might get something for it.  One time, a long time ago, I was driving to
work in Philly.  A private trash truck was next to me on the left and he just
pushed over to the right and crumpled my fender a bit.  I called the company
and they really didn't want to report it to their insurance company.  He
asked me to get an estimate and bring it to him.  I did and he cut me a check
on the spot for $1200.  He was nice and I was happy.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport