Re: Re[2]: Run your Antivirus Program

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Run your Antivirus Program
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:19:49 -0500
Amen to that! The thing that makes Outlook so vulnerable (in addition to its
ubiquity) is that MS has tried to cram too many features in it - basically it
views (or can view) every email as if it's a web page, complete with all the
bells and whistles of Explorer - running scripts, running plugins, whatever.
Problem is that opens up so many holes that they apparently didn't recognize
and lock down. True there were and are virii for other systems. But MS makes
it so darn easy!

So if you use an email app that would treat a message as simply a message and
not try to execute anything it finds in that message, the only hole is the
user's lack of common sense if he decides to manually save run whatever
attachment there may be.

BTW, whoever it was who said their resume got out, there is a virus around
that scans your drive for documents and emails them out.

Eddie
1971 Midget