Re: painting advice wanted

To: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: painting advice wanted
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:19:01 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I bought mine at a restaurant supply house. This is highly concentrated
stuff and needs diluting before you use it. A gallon was 55.00, but I
keep a 5 gallon bucket
half full with about 6 oz. acid in it. Drop a handfull of bolts and
brackets in it
at night and by morning they are without rust or paint. Once it dries it
has a coating that prevents rust. Keep a little vinegar handy for spills
and skin contact. 4 ozs. did a gas tank, 2 pints should be about right
for an engine block in a 55 gallon barrel. I also invested in several
good rubber gloves and a box of those latex gloves.
Bruce Lowry