Re: painting advice wanted

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, fergie9 <fergie9@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: painting advice wanted
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:16:48 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Fergie and all,

This has been a great thread!  I m glad I hung in there through the no LBC
flurry.  I d like to add another question to this mix.  When chemical
stripping the paint to bare metal, say with aircraft paint stripper (I'm
looking at Gerard's bare metal body right now--woo baby!) I am wondering how
you keep the surface from rusting over the time (days weeks) that it takes
to get the entire body ready for the next stage?

For time reasons I make slow progress though I tend to get things done is
spurts and so when I finish a specific area it will likely have to wait a
while until the next section is ready.  A freshly stripped surface doesn't
seem to take much time to show signs of surface rust here in NC.  Does a
simple phosphoric acid wash give you the protection you need.

Thanks again, and happy holidays to all.

Mike