RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: "'Wm. Severin Thompson'" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>, "Mueller, Robert CDR" <RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil>, "'Rick & Carolyn'" <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: RE: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:49:17 -0600
Cc: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I had a 356 coming out of the Academy, loved that car with a passion,
nothing better, laughed at my classmate with the TR-3 that always needed
fixing, couldn't understand the whole British thing.  Then I got sent to my
first ship in Seattle, was bored one day, saw an Austin Healey for sale in
the paper and thought I'd just go drive it.  Got there, found this little
bitty car, almost turned away, but drove it anyway.  Got hooked big time,
ended up buying it, couldn't figure out why the little Sprite was more fun
than my beloved Porsche.  The years have gone by, and both of those cars bit
the dust with my first wife (if I'd have just shot the..., well, never
mind), and different British and German sports cars have come and gone, and
I keep a Midget for a fun car, and a front engine Porsche for commuting and
long distance driving.  There is something magical about the Sprite/Midget,
the result is far greater than the sum of its parts.

Coastie Bob
'74 MG Midget
'90 944S2