Re: Garage planning (long)

To: SDOliner@aol.com, nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage planning (long)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:59:43 EST
In a message dated 1/24/02 11:18:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:

> I would suggest that building from scratch, you use 3/4 MDF for your work
> bench top. Very clean surface. I have covered other old work benches with
> masonite and that works well too.
>
> I am a big fan of peg board for the walls. Maybe because I have a few
> buckets
> full of hooks, from a neighbor who does demo work in supermarkets. Painted
> white (I am too cheap to buy the pre coated stuff) it makes for a very neat
>
> and organized looking garage. Just use a hot glue gun to keep the hooks in
> place.
>
> For your main work bench get the biggest meanest looking vise you can find.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I can build the bench top with MDF (whatever that is!) and paint it with deck
enamel or maybe just polyurethane.  After a few years of use, when it starts
looking ragged, I can always cover it with Masonite.  Good idea!

I can just see somebody powder coating all their pegboard hooks to match
their car!

I just bought a 5" vise at a farm store that was going out of business.  For
all you city folk out there, get out to the country some weekend and find a
farm store to shop for tools and hardware.  They have everything!

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286