Re: Garage planning (long)

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Garage planning (long)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:59:40 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/24/02 7:10:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Do the wiring before the insulation, and don't use plywood or particle
> board.
> That stuff burns faster than a Zippo!  Use drywall.  Pure and simple.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I would like to hear comments on this.  The outside sheathing of the garage
is wood under the vinyl siding, the framing is wood, so why wood would (!) be
so bad for interior walls?  If the place burns down, I can't imagine some
drywall making much of a difference.

It has been recommended that in a garage, you back drywall with plywood to
give it more strength.  Extra expense and extra work if you ask me.

I will be using drywall along part of a wall where anything flammable may be
kept, or where I may eventually put a welder.

Maybe sheets of 1/4" stainless steel would be good!  :-)

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286