Re: Garage planning (long)

To: coconnor@ersnet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage planning (long)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:59:46 EST
In a message dated 1/25/02 8:14:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
coconnor@ersnet.com writes:

> I'm going to steal
> your idea of putting masonite on the top of the benches.  If makes cleaning
> things up a lot easier.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your tips.  When you put down the Masonite, screw it in place so
you can change it after a few years.  You can even dress it around the edges
with some angle aluminum.  Make sure you countersink the holes and use wood
screws that will be flush with the surface.

I also like the idea of using a metal top on at least part of a bench.  Take
what's left of your stripped parts car to the crusher and have them pound it
flat, maybe 1 inch thick.  Screw it in place on the bench and trim the edges
for a clean finish.  (Well, maybe I'm getting carried away, but doesn't this
beat talking about prisoners in Cuba?!?!)

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286