Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: "Rob Root" <root99@earthlink.net>, "Leo Speichinger" <60bugeye@ev1.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:23:10 -0500
> I got quite a laugh one time listening to two "concours" jeep
restorers
> (yes, there is such a thing) interrogate an elderly gentleman
who had worked
> on the Ford production line building jeeps.  "What color is this
part
> supposed to be?", etcetera...  The old guy ended up telling them
it depended
> on what color was in the gun that day; the paint was for
corrosion
> protection, not judging.  Besides, he gently reminded them, we
*were* trying
> to win a war...  I could tell his answer really irritated them
(See 1),
> above).

And if there weren't these 2 easily irrated dumb banana "concours"
restorers you wouldn't have found out an interesting detail about
WWII jeep production.

A good Concours Guide would try to take this kind of thing into
account without letting "concours" restorers use Pink or Lavender
or Red Fluorescent or Deep Chrome on that military spec green
part.

Winston Churchill once said "Tying to educate people about
what's behind concours is like trying to teach a house cat to roll
over".

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug