Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:05:13 -0600
WOW... Excellent discussion this weekend. Great topic.
I'm not a believer in "check book" restos (though I appreciate being on the
supply-side of them;-). And I used to think over-restoring was possible.
Lawrie Alexander made an interesting observation several years ago on the
MG list on this subject by saying that THE factory would bring their
"better-than-normal" examples to an Auto Show and would have them spruced
up beyond merely showroom condition. I think it's a good point.
        On the 1500 carb thread (sj)... Messages discussing vacuum advance and
retard are worth 2 Eudora chilis. Offensive?

        Have fun.  Peter C