Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)

To: "Rob Root" <root99@earthlink.net>, "Leo Speichinger" <60bugeye@ev1.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Contemplations for a weekend (spridget related)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:53:47 -0500
> I think most of
> the "attitude" coming from some concours participants derives
from the premises they work from:

Key word here is "some" - There's a lot pressure/risk/exposure to
put put up your 4 year blood sweat and tears project into the
bright lites of the public competition arena for a really close
anal inspection and occassionally you will see a worse car that
got higher points. Some (more like a minority few) just don't
handle it too well.

I said this before, I am very happy/impressed to see practical
drivers, even hotrod/racers. And there is no comparison between
concours and spectators choice awards. It's apples and oranges -
pick your fruit. The common accusation is concours cars are not
driven - for me the challenge is to use Blue Bug and maintain the
concours standard. It's then a drawn out battle against Patina.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug