Re: Fuel Pump Question?

To: "Brent Wolf" <wolfbj@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Question?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:38:04 -0800
> Am I barking up the wrong tree?  Should I be looking elsewhere?  The
wisdom
> of the group is needed.
>
> Symptoms:  Driving along and motor starts to die, just like it is running
> out of gas.  After a couple seconds it picks up again, then will stall,
then
> picks up, then maybe runs fine for awhile, then it happens again.

I will pass on one more possibility, perhaps remote, but it happened to me,
so it might happen to someone else.  Somebody (probably my brother) drove my
Sprite over a high speed bump, and crushed the metal fuel line just aft of
where it goes up into the engine compartment.  After that it exhibited
exactly the same symptoms that you describe.  I fooled around with different
pumps and filters for a couple of weeks till I finally noticed the flat spot
in the tubing...  Replaced it, and problem was solved.

Rob R.
1962 MarkII Sprite