Re: Problems again

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Problems again
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:26:44 -0400
Since the list is so quiet lately I'll go into a lot of unnecessary detail
here. If you are anything like me I like to have something to read.
Well come to find out it was a fuel problem. I tried to save a buck or two
<G> and put an after market fuel pump on. Today it decided to let my wife
and I down for the final time. Michele, my wife, said she wanted to go to
Hanover and could we take the LBC, of course I said SURE ! we started out on
our merry way when PPHHHTTT !!! it dies 3 and a half miles from the house.
Now all this happened after I just replaced the entire ignition system,
points, condenser, cap, rotor, wires and plugs. While we are sitting there
taking in the scenery and the traffic going by I tried to start it again. I
didn't hear the sound of the fuel pump doing it's thing. I pulled the fuel
hose off the carb and told Michele to turn on the ignition key hoping that
there would be a stream of gas, nothing, bummer. Stood there scratching my
head wondering how I was going to get this thing home. Too many up hills to
push it. So I went for a stroll along Rt 116 to go home and get the car so I
could go back and pick up the wife, she is very patient, it took an hour to
do all this, then it was back to the house so I could figure out what to do.
Called Alan Tucker to see if he had a point kit for an SU pump, he didn't,
but he did have a used SU pump that I could have. Drove over to Alan's and
got the pump then back to the bugeye. Stuck the used pump under the bonnet
near the carbs and wired it up and turned the key and the pump has a slight
leak, great just what I need, a nice car-B-que. I figured what the he_ _ and
fired it up and broke the sound barrier getting home. But the amazing part
is that I went well over 55 mph and it didn't miss a beat. Now I have to
wait for the part to come in to fix the leak.

Dave
60 Bugeye