Problems again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problems again
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:06:41 -0700
One way to check for electrical shorts is to start the car in a dark place,
open the bonnet and look for arcing, especially between the coils' primary and
secondary connectors. Carefully touch the coil to see if it is hot after
running for awhile. Make sure nothing is loose in the engine compartment. As
an example I had a prop rod on a ' 68 come loose and intermittently short a
spark plug. Check that the gas level in the float bowl is not too high causing
flooding. I am not a mechanic but I am too cheap/stubborn to let someone else
work on my car.