Tries - help!!!!

To: "'conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com'" <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tries - help!!!!
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:32:14 -0500
Help!

I've been running Goodyear Corsa GTs in 145/13 for the last 7 years.  Good
tire, handles well, lots of fun.  Now they are wearing out, and since these
tires are no longer made, I tried a couple of Goodrich Control TAs in
155/80/13s - big mistake.  I put them on the rear (since my old rear tires
were the worst), and I was all over the road, car was definitely unsafe ont
he highway (and I had a 500 mile trip I had to make).  My guess is the
sidewall is flimsy, but whatever the cause, I don't want to do that again.
What do you folks recommend?  Are 155/80s the same as 155s?  Are there any
good 145s out there?  What do you use with good success?

Bob
'74 MG Midget