Re: Wheel Wobble

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel Wobble
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 00:16:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/02 6:30:48 PM, spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< Correct me if I am wrong but on wheel bearings, the thrust sides face
each other. >>

Hi Frank:

By the book yes.  I have had bearings in which the thrust making was on the
other side unfortunately.  So I always check the shape of the inner and outer
race.  The inner and outer race have different size lips on each side of the
bearing.   The larger lip on the inner race goes to the inside.  If they are
reversed the bearings will seperate and the wheel will try to leave the car.

I assume that you do not have a cracked axle and the swivel pin bushings are
also good.
Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)