Re: Fw: Oil Gauge

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Oil Gauge
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:33:31 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
My Bugeye reads "5 PSI" at hot idle and "43 PSI" at hot speed.  This worried me,
so I connected a CALIBRATED oil pressure test gauge in line with the gauge line.
The 5 PSI reading was actually 20 PSI and the 43 PSI hot reading was actually a
little over 60 PSI!  This "off" gauge reads over 20 psi cold at idle and 80 psi
at speed.  If I interpolate this, my cold pressures are somewhere around 35-40
PSI at idle and 95 PSI at speed until warmed up.  Calibrate the gauge next time
and you might be surprised, even if it is reading "normal"!
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite