Re: New Problem with 1275

Subject: Re: New Problem with 1275
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 15:04:20 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
> Brad Fornal wrote:
>
>  all of a sudden, it started missing and running like crap.

In messing with the car, I pulled the rocker assembly to see if the
pushrod was bent. I didn't see any noticeable curvature to the rod, so I
put my finger on it and pushed the solenoid button. DOH!!!!

So now it begins to seep water out of the head bolts.............

I pull the head the rest of the way. Guess what, it is all sooty on the
gasket between 2 and 3. That explains the poor performance. Now I still
have the problem on #8 valve. I get a little bit of a bump on that one
when the motor turns, alot less than the other valves. Do I need to pull
the engine to change cams????
Brad