Re: New Problem with 1275

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: New Problem with 1275
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 14:55:07 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Brad,

Pull the pushrods out and roll them across a flat surcase... any bend will
be apparent. If you find a bent one in #8, swap another in that hole and
make sure that lobe is still "happy" on your cam.

It is possible to change cams "in car" on a 1275. I've done it, but it's not
easy. It requires pulling the pan, working from underneath, and since
there's no tappet covers, you have to use a sticky assembley lube or some
grease to keep the lifters  in place as you snake the new cam in...(and make
sure its engaged on the oil pump.)

One thing you need to ask yourself though, is... if you did wipe a lobe off
the cam... where do ya s'pose all that metal went, hmmm? Probably in
expensive places.

WST