Re: Arrrghhh!!!!! ;-(

To: "Paul Archibald" <androbus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Arrrghhh!!!!! ;-(
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:09:10 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Pull the spark plugs and  valve cover, turn the engine over by hand and
watch when #2 valve goes down. Continue turning the engine over until the
timing marks on the bottom line up. Set them to 5 deg BTDC. Now pull the
distributor cap and see which wire the rotor is pointing at, if it is
pointing to the #1 wire, replace the cap and hook up you static timing
light. With the key on and the coil wire removed turn the distributor by
hand until the light just comes on. Tighten up everything and put the plugs
back in, it should run fine.
    If the rotor was pointing to #3 wire, remove the distributor and base
turn the drive 180 deg and start over. I think this is the case with your
engine.  Firing order is 1,3,4,2
        Crash