Re: Arrrghhh!!!!! ;-(

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Arrrghhh!!!!! ;-(
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 06:58:04 -0500
Cc: Bmidget1@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Ramsey wrote:

> #4 Try to help, his distributor is probably 180 deg out.

I don't know if Paul has a Bentley, Chilton or Haynes, but it shows the proper
orientation for how the shaft with the notch for the dizzy should look when
installed properly. It helps to have a bolt about 3" or 4" long to screw into
the
center of the shaft to help remove and adjust the sucker. I had to do this on
the
65 several times. I was fortunate to have had the help of Geary Gowins when I
was
finally able to get it to start. To remove the shaft to re-orient it, pull the
dizzy (loosen the clamp is the easiest way) then remove the clamp, and then the
two bolts that hold the clamp mount down. This mount can be a bear to remove,
but
it MUST come out to remove the shaft. All this can be done with the engine in
the
car. Use a flashlight to see inside the dizzy hole to check the orientation.
Paul, if you dont have a book, let me know, I don't have my scanner online, but
can get it working and send you a copy of how it should look. I may not get
right
back to you, as I have to work a couple of hours today.
Brad