Aarm fulcrum pins

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Aarm fulcrum pins
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:28:54 -0800 (PST)
A silly question if I could. I'm going to install new
A-arms and new suspension on my bugeye project. I tore
every thing apart 6-8 months ago. I usually take
pretty good photos of each piece before I tear things
up but in this case I didn't. When I bought the car it
had front end collision damage and its been a major
rebuild although not quite as complete as Larry
Miller's project but close.A frame shop and the whole
deal. Long story short, I was checking fit with old
A-arms and for the life of me I can't remember how the
rear fulcrum pins fit. The  pin has the special washer
welded to it. The other washer has a round fixture
attached to it. It looks like the pin would be
inserted from inside out with the nut going on the out
side of the support. The washer with the round fixture
fits into the larger of the 2 mount holes perfectly.
My problem is that the pin is too large in diameter to
insert from inside out or through the smaller of the
two holes. What am I missing here?? Could someone
clarify the fulcrum pin installation for me?

Larry Pitts

60 bug