Re: Watch that virus! (No LBC)

To: barrier@bconnex.net, whest@corp.earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Watch that virus! (No LBC)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:42:22 EST
In a message dated 1/11/03 11:54:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barrier@bconnex.net writes:

> I do not understand!  My Norton screens everything that is sucked in and if
> it has a virus it renders it harmless.  Am I being naive in thinking that
> that is sufficient?

- - - - - - - - - - -

No.  You are being sensible, but many people won't spend the money on
anti-virus and then complain when they lose their computer.  Norton will
catch and fix 99% of the virussesss sent to you, but there are always new
ones being written.  Update Norton daily if you are paranoid about this, and
you increase your odds to about 99.5%.

The only other suggestion I have is to back up all your data files regularly
so you can rebuild your hard drive when you get wiped out.  :-)  Make sure to
run Norton on your backup files.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)